9/19/12

"ILY"


Recently, my wife and I were on a train for a long time.  At times it was very boring, with nothing much to do but look out the window, read, talk or just watch the people around us.  Directly in front of us was a couple who never stopped kissing and at times, necking!  Hour after hour they continued to embrace and this led me to this of the following passage from the book of Ecclesiastes...

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 9
9 Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your life of vanity, which he has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity: for that is your portion in life, and in your labor in which you labor under the sun.

Loving someone means more than just kissing; it is trying to bring them happiness in any way possible.  This can range from taking out the garbage, to being patient during a sickness, or overlooking a character flaw and probably a thousand other things.  When I can, I like to bring good natured humor into our relationship as well as multiple kisses and saying "I love you" (ILY) daily.  Every relationship has its problems, but I find a kiss every so often does wonders!!!  Try following the squirrels example... couldn't hurt.  If you don't care much for kissing; you might try memorizing jokes or practice making funny faces. Whatever works... really!!!