9/29/12

Sept. 29 Psalms 115-117


Sept. 29
Psalms 115-117

Psa 115:1 Not to us, Yahweh, not to us, but to your name give glory, for your loving kindness, and for your truth's sake.
Psa 115:2 Why should the nations say, "Where is their God, now?"
Psa 115:3 But our God is in the heavens. He does whatever he pleases.
Psa 115:4 Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Psa 115:5 They have mouths, but they don't speak. They have eyes, but they don't see.
Psa 115:6 They have ears, but they don't hear. They have noses, but they don't smell.
Psa 115:7 They have hands, but they don't feel. They have feet, but they don't walk, neither do they speak through their throat.
Psa 115:8 Those who make them will be like them; yes, everyone who trusts in them.
Psa 115:9 Israel, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
Psa 115:10 House of Aaron, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
Psa 115:11 You who fear Yahweh, trust in Yahweh! He is their help and their shield.
Psa 115:12 Yahweh remembers us. He will bless us. He will bless the house of Israel. He will bless the house of Aaron.
Psa 115:13 He will bless those who fear Yahweh, both small and great.
Psa 115:14 May Yahweh increase you more and more, you and your children.
Psa 115:15 Blessed are you by Yahweh, who made heaven and earth.
Psa 115:16 The heavens are the heavens of Yahweh; but the earth has he given to the children of men.
Psa 115:17 The dead don't praise Yah, neither any who go down into silence;
Psa 115:18 But we will bless Yah, from this time forth and forevermore. Praise Yah!
Psa 116:1 I love Yahweh, because he listens to my voice, and my cries for mercy.
Psa 116:2 Because he has turned his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
Psa 116:3 The cords of death surrounded me, the pains of Sheol got a hold of me. I found trouble and sorrow.
Psa 116:4 Then I called on the name of Yahweh: "Yahweh, I beg you, deliver my soul."
Psa 116:5 Yahweh is Gracious and righteous. Yes, our God is merciful.
Psa 116:6 Yahweh preserves the simple. I was brought low, and he saved me.
Psa 116:7 Return to your rest, my soul, for Yahweh has dealt bountifully with you.
Psa 116:8 For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
Psa 116:9 I will walk before Yahweh in the land of the living.
Psa 116:10 I believed, therefore I said, "I was greatly afflicted."
Psa 116:11 I said in my haste, "All men are liars."
Psa 116:12 What will I give to Yahweh for all his benefits toward me?
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call on the name of Yahweh.
Psa 116:14 I will pay my vows to Yahweh, yes, in the presence of all his people.
Psa 116:15 Precious in the sight of Yahweh is the death of his saints.
Psa 116:16 Yahweh, truly I am your servant. I am your servant, the son of your handmaid. You have freed me from my chains.
Psa 116:17 I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call on the name of Yahweh.
Psa 116:18 I will pay my vows to Yahweh, yes, in the presence of all his people,
Psa 116:19 in the courts of Yahweh's house, in the midst of you, Jerusalem. Praise Yah!

Psa 117:1 Praise Yahweh, all you nations! Extol him, all you peoples!
Psa 117:2 For his loving kindness is great toward us. Yahweh's faithfulness endures forever. Praise Yah!