9/6/12

Sept. 6 Psalms 43-45


Sept. 6
Psalms 43-45

Psa 43:1 Vindicate me, God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation. Oh, deliver me from deceitful and wicked men.
Psa 43:2 For you are the God of my strength. Why have you rejected me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
Psa 43:3 Oh, send out your light and your truth. Let them lead me. Let them bring me to your holy hill, To your tents.
Psa 43:4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy. I will praise you on the harp, God, my God.
Psa 43:5 Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! For I shall still praise him: my Savior, my helper, and my God.
Psa 44:1 We have heard with our ears, God; our fathers have told us, what work you did in their days, in the days of old.
Psa 44:2 You drove out the nations with your hand, but you planted them. You afflicted the peoples, but you spread them abroad.
Psa 44:3 For they didn't get the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them; but your right hand, and your arm, and the light of your face, because you were favorable to them.
Psa 44:4 You are my King, God. Command victories for Jacob!
Psa 44:5 Through you, will we push down our adversaries. Through your name, will we tread them under who rise up against us.
Psa 44:6 For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.
Psa 44:7 But you have saved us from our adversaries, and have shamed those who hate us.
Psa 44:8 In God we have made our boast all day long, we will give thanks to your name forever. Selah.
Psa 44:9 But now you rejected us, and brought us to dishonor, and don't go out with our armies.
Psa 44:10 You make us turn back from the adversary. Those who hate us take spoil for themselves.
Psa 44:11 You have made us like sheep for food, and have scattered us among the nations.
Psa 44:12 You sell your people for nothing, and have gained nothing from their sale.
Psa 44:13 You make us a reproach to our neighbors, a scoffing and a derision to those who are around us.
Psa 44:14 You make us a byword among the nations, a shaking of the head among the peoples.
Psa 44:15 All day long my dishonor is before me, and shame covers my face,
Psa 44:16 At the taunt of one who reproaches and verbally abuses, because of the enemy and the avenger.
Psa 44:17 All this has come on us, yet have we not forgotten you, Neither have we been false to your covenant.
Psa 44:18 Our heart has not turned back, neither have our steps strayed from your path,
Psa 44:19 Though you have crushed us in the haunt of jackals, and covered us with the shadow of death.
Psa 44:20 If we have forgotten the name of our God, or spread forth our hands to a strange god;
Psa 44:21 won't God search this out? For he knows the secrets of the heart.
Psa 44:22 Yes, for your sake we are killed all day long. We are regarded as sheep for the slaughter.
Psa 44:23 Wake up! Why do you sleep, Lord? Arise! Don't reject us forever.
Psa 44:24 Why do you hide your face, and forget our affliction and our oppression?
Psa 44:25 For our soul is bowed down to the dust. Our body cleaves to the earth.
Psa 44:26 Rise up to help us. Redeem us for your loving kindness' sake.
Psa 45:1 My heart overflows with a noble theme. I recite my verses for the king. My tongue is like the pen of a skillful writer.
Psa 45:2 You are the most excellent of the sons of men. Grace has anointed your lips, therefore God has blessed you forever.
Psa 45:3 Gird your sword on your thigh, mighty one: your splendor and your majesty.
Psa 45:4 In your majesty ride on victoriously on behalf of truth, humility, and righteousness. Let your right hand display awesome deeds.
Psa 45:5 Your arrows are sharp. The nations fall under you, with arrows in the heart of the king's enemies.
Psa 45:6 Your throne, God, is forever and ever. A scepter of equity is the scepter of your kingdom.
Psa 45:7 You have loved righteousness, and hated wickedness. Therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.
Psa 45:8 All your garments smell like myrrh, aloes, and cassia. Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made you glad.
Psa 45:9 Kings' daughters are among your honorable women. At your right hand the queen stands in gold of Ophir.
Psa 45:10 Listen, daughter, consider, and turn your ear. Forget your own people, and also your father's house.
Psa 45:11 So the king will desire your beauty, honor him, for he is your lord.
Psa 45:12 The daughter of Tyre comes with a gift. The rich among the people entreat your favor.
Psa 45:13 The princess inside is all glorious. Her clothing is interwoven with gold.
Psa 45:14 She shall be led to the king in embroidered work. The virgins, her companions who follow her, shall be brought to you.
Psa 45:15 With gladness and rejoicing they shall be led. They shall enter into the king's palace.
Psa 45:16 Your sons will take the place of your fathers. You shall make them princes in all the earth.
Psa 45:17 I will make your name to be remembered in all generations. Therefore the peoples shall give you thanks forever and ever.