5/27/13

From Gary... Flowers for Dorothy

#1

#2

#3

#4

My sister-in-law, Dorothy is still recovering from a devastating stroke.  She has been "down" and just plain worried about the future.  Yesterday, after morning church services, we visited her and it was obvious to me that she had been crying.  We talked for a long time and went outside and sat in the Gazebo, which perked her up some.  Still, I think she was feeling "down" when we left (but not as bad).  I know that when I feel "down", that the best thing for me to do is to remember the Scriptures, and the Psalm below is one of my favorites...
Psalm 1



 1 Blessed is the man who doesn’t walk in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stand on the path of sinners,
nor sit in the seat of scoffers;


  2 but his delight is in Yahweh’s law.
On his law he meditates day and night.


  3 He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water,
that produces its fruit in its season,
whose leaf also does not wither.
Whatever he does shall prosper.


  4 The wicked are not so,
but are like the chaff which the wind drives away.


  5 Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.


  6 For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked shall perish.


Today, my Linda suggested we take her some of the flowers that she is growing, in hopes that it will cheer her up.  So, we went outside and took some pictures of the most likely candidates.  They may or may not do the trick, but I know that if those who love God will pray for her, that is better than any flower that ever grew.  Most of you have never met Dorothy, but I assure you that she is a kind and generous person; worthy of every second you might spend in prayer to God on her behalf.  Please do this as a favor to me; I promise I will not forget it!!!!


PS. Linda probably will not visit her until this afternoon, so if you send me your favorite picks (by number) it will help her make the best choices!!!