6/3/13

From Gary... Who is your real BUDDY?





Alone this morning; Linda is having some tests done (they were OK!!!) and then she volunteers at a local hospital.  So, its just me and Buddy.  We sit together and he understands things like "Walk", "Up", "Down", "Good Dog", "Bad Dog" and the like, but that just the extent of communication.  Oh, he appreciates being petted or having his stomach rubbed, but having a conversation with him is just not going to happen.  He is a dog- he barks!!!  When I saw the above video, I thought it was quite funny, because the dubbing mimicked the character of this little fella, but after all, it IS JUST MADE UP.  Animals are animals and people are people.  We are just different!!!!   While I have grown very fond of Buddy during his stay with us, he will NEVER, EVER REPLACE HUMAN COMPANIONSHIP!!!!!  Check out this passage from Genesis...

Genesis, Chapter 2
 18  Yahweh God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make him a helper comparable to him.”  19 Out of the ground Yahweh God formed every animal of the field, and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. Whatever the man called every living creature became its name.  20 The man gave names to all livestock, and to the birds of the sky, and to every animal of the field; but for man there was not found a helper comparable to him. 21 Yahweh God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. As the man slept, he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.  22 Yahweh God made a woman from the rib which had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.  23 The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh. She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of Man.” 24 Therefore a man will leave his father and his mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh.  25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they were not ashamed.

While I feel that we should love our pets (we also have a couple of birds), they are not our equals.  Society has attempted to make them so, but they never will be.  My wife is a fit companion for me; she seems to know what I am thinking before I say it, realize what I need even before I do and generally make up for my shortcomings.   Watch the video again... just for fun and then remember who you really need!!!  Hint- think TWO LEGS!!!!!