10/29/13

From Gary... More equals less (coffee, fat)


Last night, I went to weight watchers.  I weighed in at 273.4, which means I have lost 99.6 pounds so far. I hope my doctor will approve my request for a target of 200 pounds (which is what I weighed in 1973, by the way) so that I can have a lifetime status at weight watchers that I can actually make.  Now, I eat a lot on the program, but recently I changed my coffee intake- I doubled it.  Since I only measure the creamer, I have learned to make my morning wake-me-up in one of those large Dunkin Donuts cups.  This adds volume and not points so, bring on the bigger cups- I still have a lot of weight to lose!!!!  Now, to me, having more coffee is being more careful and as I thought about it, Christians need to be careful as well. Consider these verses from the book of Hebrews...

Hebrews, Chapter 12
 14 Follow after peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord 15 looking carefully lest there be any man who falls short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and many be defiled by it; 

Sin; what a terrible concept;to practice it is familial rebellion.  Remember, God is our FATHER!!!  If we do not practice being set apart for holy purposes (which is what sanctification means) we will NOT SEE THE LORD!!!  On the way out of my weight watchers meeting last night, someone stopped me and congratulated me on such a large weight loss.  I replied by saying something like: "No big deal, I was huge and now I am just very fat".  Most of what Weight Watchers has taught me is that if you make little changes and keep making them, you will eventually succeed.  In other words... be careful!!!  This is the same thing that the Hebrew writer is telling Christians.  Food for thought!!!  Anyway, I encourage everyone to commit themselves to being careful; careful about what you do in your daily life (along with what you put in your mouth).  More than that, I pray that you would carefully search the Scriptures to find the truth on everything (like the Bereans did) and when you do, the pick-me-up you will receive is worth more that five gigantic cups of coffee.  Pray about this, I think you will find I am giving you good advice.  Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you... if you double your coffee intake, try decaf-- you will sleep better!!!