1/26/14

From Gary... Your diet, your choice- God's gift



























Yesterday, I said to Linda: "Lets go out to eat for breakfast"; big mistake.  We went to four restaurants, all with huge lines.  Finally, we found ourselves at Subway (would you believe- Breakfast?).  She had one of their "breakfast" sandwiches, but I, well, I had to try something new.  So I decided to try a foot-long, Subway melt (with double meat [of course]).  The thing is: it was great!!! and to top it off, it was two weight watches points LESS than my normal Monday night indulgence.  OK, I know this is NOT a picture of something from Subway, but it DOES look WONDERFUL!!!  What do this and and a more healthy Subway sandwich have in COMMON?  Before I tell you, please read the following...

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 2
 24 There is nothing better for a man than that he should eat and drink, and make his soul enjoy good in his labor. This also I saw, that it is from the hand of God. 

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3
12 I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice, and to do good as long as they live.  13 Also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy good in all his labor, is the gift of God.

 Ecclesiastes, Chapter 5
  18  Behold, that which I have seen to be good and proper is for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy good in all his labor, in which he labors under the sun, all the days of his life which God has given him; for this is his portion.  19 Every man also to whom God has given riches and wealth, and has given him power to eat of it, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labor—this is the gift of God.

Enjoyment- a gift of God!!!  Only some gifts seem better than others!!!  Over the past year and a half, I have found that even HEALTHY food can warm the soul.  Think about that one the next time you are in the mood for a feast!!! And before you order- look in the mirror!!!!!