7/13/14

From Gary... Constant prayer...


Today, my thoughts are of my children and what they were like when they were very young.  We would often wonder what they would be like- and now we know!!!  We have prayed for them, guided them and tried to teach them to the best of our ability, but they have made their own choices. It is my hope that as they continue along life's path, they might grow closer to God and follow in our footsteps spiritually. Remember the life of Timothy?
 
2 Timothy, Chapter 1 (NASB)
2Ti 1:2  To Timothy, my beloved son: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
2Ti 1:3  I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day,
2Ti 1:4  longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy.
2Ti 1:5  For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well.

 
and the key to this is found in the picture and Scripture below...
  

2 Timothy, Chapter 3 (NASB)
2Ti 3:14  You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
2Ti 3:15  and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
2Ti 3:17  so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

May God grant my prayer!!!