8/23/14

From Gary... Phony Baloney


























Yesterday, we saw the movie "Transcendence". Interesting flick, which posed many questions. For instance: Is is ethical to make a truly self-aware Artificial Intelligence? or Should human beings become networked with computers? or perhaps even... Should the essence of a human being be uploaded into a computer in order that one might live forever? And these were just a FEW of the questions.  As we progress technologically there will be many more. My understanding of such things is guided by what God has said about our purpose in this life and how HE has designed us.  Now, with a little thought I think it is safe to say that the answer to the three questions I posed are all NO- because they redefine life according to human understanding and not heavenly design!!! Further, the questions are all wrong because man is trying to become his own GOD and only winds up creating a god!!!  The same thing happens when human beings decide they should define what absolute truth is.  Instead of accepting the TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL, they invent something else (such as the false god ALLAH) that pleases them.  The apostle Paul has very harsh words for people who distort the truth - so much so that he repeats himself for emphasis!!!!


Galatians 1:1-12 NASB
(1)  Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),
(2)  and all the brethren who are with me, To the churches of Galatia:
(3)  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,
(4)  who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
(5)  to whom be the glory forevermore. Amen.
(6)  I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;
(7)  which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.
(8)  But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
(9)  As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

(10)  For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.
(11)  For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
(12)  For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.


God's truth is THE TRUTH!!!  In America at least, we can believe what we wish (at least for now), but if I was in the middle east, this post would get me beheaded. And those who would follow a god who would encourage such a thing have already cursed themselves. Now, by this time you are probably asking yourself what the picture has to do with the post.  The answer to that is that just because something may look like the truth, does not mean it IS THE TRUTH!!! That dog can sniff all day long and is only going to smell chalk!!! Read your Bible, know God's pure truth, and follow it!!! Have courage- call something that is wrong, WRONG!!!