8/16/14

From Gary... Too much of a good thing...?



Ascetically pleasing; the Guggenheim museum in New York City has the distinction of being the most photographed place in the world (or at least, is my sources say). To my way of thinking, it is just a huge coffee cup, though.  Aside from the building, I would hazard to say that there are many fine things in there- things that most people would really treasure to own.  But collecting things has a danger associated with it- greed!!!  With that thought in mind, another quickly followed...

1 John 2:15-17 NASB
(15)  Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16)  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
(17)  The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

Its nice to have a few nice things, but take notice if you begin to want them too much- that can be very dangerous!!!  Like John said "Do not love the world nor the things in the world.".  But, I keep thinking about that building... and then I noticed the following picture...



From now on, I think I will limit myself to 40 ounces of the stuff.  Well, Maybe!!!