11/28/14

From Gary... Beyond the moon

Pessimistic isn't it?  How can one realistically have a genuine spirit of positiveness- A "shoot for the moon" attitude and at the same time describe failure in such hideous terms?  It makes me wonder why one would even bother to use the word "Ambition" in the first place. For, unless
you really believe in the genuine possibility of success; why bother to go further than a simple "what if"?  For the Christian, we have the hope of the promises of God; the assurance of the victory that only the power that resides within the almighty can provide. Consider Jesus' message to the assembly at Philadelphia...

Revelation, Chapter 3
 7  “To the angel of the assembly in Philadelphia write: 

“He who is holy, he who is true, he who has the key of David, he who opens and no one can shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says these things: 

  8  “I know your works (behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one can shut), that you have a little power, and kept my word, and didn’t deny my name.   9  Behold, I give of the synagogue of Satan, of those who say they are Jews, and they are not, but lie. Behold, I will make them to come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.   10  Because you kept my command to endure, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, which is to come on the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.   11  I am coming quickly! Hold firmly that which you have, so that no one takes your crown.   12  He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will go out from there no more. I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.   13  He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. 

The totality of the thoughts and plans of God are beyond our comprehension;  Isaiah chapter 55:8ff. makes this abundantly clear. However, we do have what we really need to do the will of God. We have the Scriptures to guide us, the love of God to motivate us and the "today" before us to provide the opportunity. If we try and fail at what we attempt, then, ultimately we grow- and give God the glory!!!  Christianity is a WIN, WIN situation!!! Love, God- and do what you like. For if I truly love HIM, I will seek HIS revealed will and will respond in a manner that the Bible has trained me to. In other words- God's will, God's way, God's result. Like Jesus revealed to his apostle John:

“He who is holy, he who is true, he who has the key of David, he who opens and no one can shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says these things:..."

 Believe it, because its true!!!!