12/13/14

From Gary... A new way to remember

I was on the phone today with my younger brother, Dave.  We had a very long conversation about how he is fixing up the homestead in Melrose, N.Y..  I can't wait to see the pictures, as he has worked on just about every room of that old farmhouse. I can only remember the place being a wreck, so I am hoping that the new pictures will etch new memories and perhaps give me a new perspective about where I grew up.  One thing is for sure- I haven't lived there since 1968, so some things HAVE CHANGED!!!  At the same time, it is comforting to know that the things of God have NOT CHANGED; that God has given his "LAST WORD" to us on the spiritual things that really matter!!!! And that word is through Jesus...

Hebrews, Chapter 1 (WEB)
1 God, having in the past spoken to the fathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,  2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds.
 
Now, I have lived in the 20th and the 21st century and have seen the advent of the computer age and it is marvellous!!! As a result, some things (like the internet) have changed the way I live. The good news is that the truths of the Gospel is still the same.  While I may read the Bible on a computer screen as often as I read a paper Bible, still, the truth is the same!!!  And like the graphic above, even if I view it through fifty glasses (mediums of understanding) the same truth exists. I guess the only way I will know the spiritual things of God any better is to have Jesus explain them to me- in person.  Can't wait- can you??