1/16/15

From Ed Healy... The Power For Success!


The Power
For Success!

Each day there are new challenges to face. I can look at them as obstacles or as opportunities; as stumbling blocks or as building blocks. The key to success and happiness is not found in the institutions of man but in God, Himself.

1 Pet 1:3-7 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-- kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.(NIV)

There will be conditions that affect me each day and sometimes are beyond my control. What I need is some way to have control that I can depend upon. The answer is God, who has all power to bring about success.

The first thing to do is to humble self and to return control to God. Having faith in His power, I need to cast all my anxiety upon God. I need to let go and let God. Faith begins and continues when I let God.
I need to be ready as a good soldier, sober and alert, knowing God's word. Know that the source of trouble is the devil who will try to keep me from knowing God and the truth of God's word.

I need to have confidence, knowing that I'm not alone or unique in my present trouble. Others share in the same kind of trouble and have overcome through faith in God. The result of success is approval by God, the God of all power.

Therefore, what is the power of my life. Am I self-propelled or God-propelled? How about you? Look to God!

Rom 8:28-31 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? (NIV)

Rom 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(NIV)