7/13/15

From Gary... In concept only...???


Sound familiar? If it doesn't, then I will remind you that the topmost of the two pictures was the plea of then candidate Barak Obama. He did not ask the question in the bottom picture because of his political stance and his radical ideology.  But, those of us who claim to be Christians, must do so. Jesus said:

Luke, Chapter 6 (WEB)
   46  “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and don’t do the things which I say?   47  Everyone who comes to me, and hears my words, and does them, I will show you who he is like.   48  He is like a man building a house, who dug and went deep, and laid a foundation on the rock. When a flood arose, the stream broke against that house, and could not shake it, because it was founded on the rock.   49  But he who hears, and doesn’t do, is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream broke, and immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.” 

If Jesus is our LORD, then we are his bond-servants and are obligated to do what our master tells us to do. This is not a matter of choice, it falls into the category of faithfulness.  We can't have it both ways; either we OBEY or we DISOBEY!!! A true Christian cannot have two masters....

Matthew, Chapter 6 (WEB)
 24  “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can’t serve both God and Mammon.

I must ask myself some hard questions...

1. Will I obey God or a government bent on destroying Christianity?
2. Will I cave to political correctness or speak Biblical truth?
3. Will I spend my all my time glued to the TV or in prayer and Bible study?
4. Will I really believe God or relegate my "Christianity" to Sunday morning?
5. Will I put aside my beliefs to avoid persecution?
6. Will I live as though Jesus is just a good teacher or genuinely OBEY HIM!
7. Will I look at my life and be willing to really change?
You might want to ask yourself the same questions?


How we both answer will determine our destiny...