11/10/15

From Gary... Top Secret




Click on the above link, or paste the web address below into your browser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXNaYoguNU

The Top Secret Drum Corps is perhaps the best in the world. The level of their precision is amazing!! I enjoyed this video so much that I watched it several times and I hope you will find it entertaining as well.  After a bit of reflection on their performance, the question came to me: Why name the group "Top Secret"? And if it has to do with a secret- What is it?  I am curious about this, so if anyone out there knows, please, please be kind enough to tell me!!!!  After this, my thoughts naturally turned to God... and I thought: If God has a secret- what is it?  Then, with a little more thought and some searching, I copied and pasted the following...

Deuteronomy, Chapter 29 (WEB)
29  The secret things belong to Yahweh our God; but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. 

Romans, Chapter 14 (WEB)
 23 ...... Now to him who is able to establish you according to my Good News and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret through long ages, but now is revealed, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, is made known for obedience of faith to all the nations; to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever! Amen.

Ephesians, Chapter 3 (WEB)
 1 For this cause I, Paul, am the prisoner of Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles,  2 if it is so that you have heard of the administration of that grace of God which was given me toward you;  3 how that by revelation the mystery was made known to me, as I wrote before in few words,  4 by which, when you read, you can perceive my understanding in the mystery of Christ;  5 which in other generations was not made known to the children of men, as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;  6 that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of his promise in Christ Jesus through the Good News,  7 of which I was made a servant, according to the gift of that grace of God which was given me according to the working of his power.  8 To me, the very least of all saints, was this grace given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,  9 and to make all men see what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God, who created all things through Jesus Christ;  10 to the intent that now through the assembly the manifold wisdom of God might be made known to the principalities and the powers in the heavenly places,  11 according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord;  12 in whom we have boldness and access in confidence through our faith in him.

1 Timothy, Chapter 3 (WEB)
16 Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great:
God was revealed in the flesh,
justified in the spirit,
seen by angels,
preached among the nations,
believed on in the world,
and received up in glory.

1 Corinthians, Chapter 15 (WEB)
 1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand,  2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.  3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,  5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.  6 Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, most of whom remain until now, but some have also fallen asleep.  7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,  8 and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, who is not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the assembly of God.  10 But by the grace of God I am what I am. His grace which was bestowed on me was not futile, but I worked more than all of them; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.  11 Whether then it is I or they, so we preach, and so you believed. 

Acts, Chapter 2 (WEB)
 14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and spoke out to them, “You men of Judea, and all you who dwell at Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to my words.  15 For these aren’t drunken, as you suppose, seeing it is only the third hour of the day.  16 But this is what has been spoken through the prophet Joel: 
  17 ‘It will be in the last days, says God,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh.
Your sons and your daughters will prophesy.
Your young men will see visions.
Your old men will dream dreams.
  18 Yes, and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days,
I will pour out my Spirit, and they will prophesy.
  19 I will show wonders in the sky above,
and signs on the earth beneath;
blood, and fire, and billows of smoke.
  20 The sun will be turned into darkness,
and the moon into blood,
before the great and glorious day of the Lord comes.
  21 It will be, that whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.’

  22  “Men of Israel, hear these words! Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved by God to you by mighty works and wonders and signs which God did by him in your midst, even as you yourselves know,  23 him, being delivered up by the determined counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by the hand of lawless men, crucified and killed;  24 whom God raised up, having freed him from the agony of death, because it was not possible that he should be held by it.  25 For David says concerning him, 
‘I saw the Lord always before my face,
For he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved.
  26 Therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced.
Moreover my flesh also will dwell in hope;
  27 because you will not leave my soul in Hades,
neither will you allow your Holy One to see decay.
  28 You made known to me the ways of life.
You will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

  29  “Brothers, I may tell you freely of the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.  30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, he would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,  31 he foreseeing this spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was his soul left in Hades, nor did his flesh see decay. 32 This Jesus God raised up, to which we all are witnesses.  33 Being therefore exalted by the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this, which you now see and hear.  34 For David didn’t ascend into the heavens, but he says himself, 
‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit by my right hand,
  35 until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’

  36  “Let all the house of Israel therefore know certainly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.” 

  37  Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” 

  38  Peter said to them, “Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  39 For the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all who are far off, even as many as the Lord our God will call to himself.”

The mystery of God is in fact the story of the Bible- How God chose to deal with the disobedience of man (from the beginnings found in Genesis to this very day) and provide a way for man to be a creature of godliness (1 Timothy 3, Acts 2). The "mystery" has been fully revealed in Jesus (Romans 14, Ephesians 3 and 1 Corinthians 15 listed above) and is for everyone to both understand and follow. Please, take some time and both read and contemplate these Scriptures; it will be the best possible thing you could possibly do today. I will be doing these things myself and I fully expect that God will bless me for the effort. Any thoughts you might have on these things would be appreciated. Feel free to share anything you wish...