12/4/15

From Gary... What you leave behind...


Long ago, this house used to owned by a physician, but I when I entered it in 1980 it was owned by Walter Hewitt. Walt and Lillian (not sure about the spelling of her first name) were hardworking, godly people who shared their blessings with many people. And their sharing was not just limited to financial matters- I remember Walt made a pulpit for the church and Lillian was very active with the children. I remember this house because they let our family stay with them until we could find a new congregation to minister to. I will always remember their kindness to us and even though they have passed this earthly veil for quite a few years now, I think of them often. So, some time ago, when Walter Vogt shared this picture, I made sure to keep a copy for myself. Ever known people like this; I hope so...? Which brings to mind a passage from 1 Timothy....

1 Timothy, Chapter 5 (WEB)
24  Some men’s sins are evident, preceding them to judgment, and some also follow later.  25 In the same way also there are good works that are obvious, and those that are otherwise can’t be hidden. 

What you do in this life will say a lot about you, many long years after your death. Their example has inspired me to leave good things after my life is through and I hope that you will do the same.

Just sayin...