3/24/16

From Gary.... Google me this...

I think most of us have known someone who thinks they know EVERYTHING, I know I HAVE!!! And that person in fact DID NOT KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! However, he DID know more about more things about more topics than anyone else I have known. Now, there may have been some topics George (not his real name) did know know about, but they must have been very few, because he impressed me greatly!!! However, he was as ignorant as ignorant could be about the Bible. It was plain to me that he had some knowledge of Scripture, but only superficial. Yet, his arrogant belief in himself forced him to forcefully proclaim things that were obviously incorrect!!! And, no matter how I tried reasoning from the Scriptures with him, he simply could NOT accept a teaching other than his own. Stubborn, yes; foolish- absolutely!!! Reminds me of someone from the Bible who argued with God. And the questions God asks Job in chapters 38 and 39 no one could answer...

Job, Chapter 38 (WEB)
   1 Then Yahweh answered Job out of the whirlwind, 
  2 “Who is this who darkens counsel
by words without knowledge?
  3 Brace yourself like a man,
for I will question you, then you answer me!

Job, Chapter 40 (WEB)

 6  Then Yahweh answered Job out of the whirlwind, 
  7 “Now brace yourself like a man.
I will question you, and you will answer me.
  8 Will you even annul my judgment?
Will you condemn me, that you may be justified?


Job, Chapter 42 (WEB)

1 Then Job answered Yahweh, 
  2 “I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be restrained.
  3 You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
therefore I have uttered that which I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I didn’t know.
  4 You said, ‘Listen, now, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you will answer me.’
  5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you.
  6 Therefore I abhor myself,
and repent in dust and ashes.”


Job was a religious man, who took his faith seriously, but he was also one who was a "little too sure of himself". He did not realize that even though he might be able to "get away" with that with his fellow human beings, he could not successfully argue with GOD, for the Almighty knows things that a mere human could never know!!! 

I think the word Google in the picture above should be changed to GOD, because people today have the same problem as JOB- they think they know everything. Well, to be more exact- they think they can find out anything from the internet. After all, the sum of ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE is absolute, isn't it!!!! NOT!!! Disagree with me; then ask yourself what happens after you DIE? No one can, because life and death are in the power of GOD!!!! 

Final thought here...

Do not argue with God, accept what HE has said and repent!!!!