3/2/17

Problem solved! by Gary Rose

Its been many decades since I had algebra, but I still remember how to solve a simple equation like this (45 is my answer). This sign is nonsense because who would really read and solve this sign while driving. Talk about distraction!!!  

Now, imagine for a moment that you are a faithful Jew, living in the first century. You had a lot to do to be faithful: all those feasts, sacrifices, rules and regulations (413, if memory serves)!!! What a chore, what a burden it must have been!!!

And then, along comes Jesus....


Matthew, Chapter 11 (World English Bible)
 28  “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest.   29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your souls.   30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”



When I think of Christianity, I think of Jesus, not rules or regulations. Oh, there are things we should do- worship, pray, read the scriptures and related duties, but the primary focus is on pleasing God!  Why? Because you love HIM and want to show your love!!

And you don't have to be a math wizard either!!!