10/20/17

Shadows, reality and provision by Gary Rose


I have been viewing this picture for many months, but something always seemed wrong, so I have never used it. Now, I realize that it was probably photoshopped, because the size relationship between the hand and the birds is all wrong. Obviously, the birds in the picture must be 1" or less- so, photoshop!!!

I used the picture today because it does emphasize the birds by showing their tiny shadows. And if I can see their reflection- what can God see (and do for them)?

Jesus said...


Matthew, Chapter 6 (World English Bible)
  24  “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can’t serve both God and Mammon.   25  Therefore I tell you, don’t be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food, and the body more than clothing?   26  See the birds of the sky, that they don’t sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you of much more value than they?


If God is our master and he can care for birds (even the smallest), what would he be willing for those who willfully serve him?

Good question. The answer is both physical and spiritual. Physical, in that I personally have never seen a Christian begging for food and Spiritual in that God sacrificed his only son on the cross.

I just wonder what God really thinks of the shadows we cast in this world. Hopefully, HE is pleased with all that we do!!!