10/9/17

YES by Gary Rose


To many, GOD is viewed as a prohibitive being. One who sets up rules and regulations which are punitive. Some give up on God because they realize that they can never keep all his commandments. 

I say: that is why Jesus came to earth, for his sacrifice was an exhibition of GRACE (unmerited favor) towards every fallible human being.

In fact, the rules, regulations and commandments were meant to guide us toward a life of holiness. Where there is fault, we are to blame. God has provided Jesus and given us a way out.

Paul says... 


2 Corinthians, Chapter 1 (World English Bible)
 15 In this confidence, I was determined to come first to you, that you might have a second benefit,  16 and by you to pass into Macedonia, and again from Macedonia to come to you, and to be sent forward by you on my journey to Judea.  17 When I therefore was thus determined, did I show fickleness? Or the things that I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, that with me there should be the “Yes, yes” and the “No, no?”  18 But as God is faithful, our word toward you was not “Yes and no.”  19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, by me, Silvanus, and Timothy, was not “Yes and no,” but in him is “Yes.”  20 For however many are the promises of God, in him is the “Yes.” Therefore also through him is the “Amen”, to the glory of God through us.  (emphasis. added vss.18f)


In Jesus is God's YES!!! Jesus is the greatest "YES, you can" that could ever be; and that is not just talk- it is true sacrifice (on a terrible instrument of torture [a cross]) for those who need it.