1/17/18

Why? by Gary Rose

https://www.facebook.com/ScienceChannel/videos/10155674606253387/
(or go to my page on facebook and scroll down until you see it)

Most of the entire world has seen water freeze. Perhaps countries near the equator have not, but for the rest of us, it's just a normal thing that happens in winter. This video that I shared on facebook is a very special one. It shows a soap bubble freezing and quite frankly I was so amazed with it that I watched it a couple of times. 

It did create a problem for me, though, as I just can't get it through my head how someone could watch something like this and NOT believe in God. And this crystallized (pardon the pun) my thinking into a question: Why do people refuse to believe in God, WHY? 

The book of Romans came to mind and with it, the following passage...

Romans, Chapter 1 (W  E B)
13 Now I don’t desire to have you unaware, brothers, that I often planned to come to you, and was hindered so far, that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles. 14 I am debtor both to Greeks and to foreigners, both to the wise and to the foolish.  15 So as much as is in me, I am eager to preach the Good News to you also who are in Rome.  16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, because it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek.  17 For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, “But the righteous shall live by faith.”18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known of God is revealed in them, for God revealed it to them.  20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. 21 Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened.   (emphasis added vss. 18-21)


Perhaps they just like sin; but wait, sin has consequences. But, why wouldn't someone want to be saved from the consequences of their sin? After all, anyone can see that sin isn't good for you. Drink too much and you will become an alcoholic, smoke too much and you just might contract lung cancer, kill someone and you probably will spend the rest of your life in prison. 

It seems to me that the love of sin darkens a person's thinking and prevents them from accepting the fact that eventually they will have to pay for the sin they commit.  In other words, no penalty, no problem. To me, this just makes NO SENSE!!! Why not just accept God's way out (Jesus) and obey the Gospel and live? 

Anyway, that video is worth watching and I hope you will see the beauty of God's creation and rejoice in it!!!



ps. Recently, I changed the font I use for the Bible because I think it more accurately reflects the following verse.

Hebrews Chapter 4
12 For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and is able to discern the thoughts and intentions of the heart.