9/3/18

The Reason by Gary Rose



Over the past few months, I have been trying to eat healthier, smarter and in general take better care of myself. I joined a gym and make sure I drink plenty of water. I arise in the morning- whenever (one of the blessings of being retired). I enjoy my life; especially writing this blog! My wife and I live in a very pleasant retirement community and we have nice neighbors. We have a comfortable home, a wonderful dog and enough funds to get by.

But, with all this, there are those uncomfortable little reminders that this life won’t last forever. Aches, pains, stiffness and grey hair and a shape like a bowling ball. More than that, there are those death notices of my neighbors (after all, this is a 55+ retirement community).

However, all these things really don’t bother me a great deal, for I hope to someday enjoy an eternity in heaven with God.

Here is why...



1 Corinthians 15 (World English Bible)
1 Now I declare to you, brothers, the Good News which I preached to you, which also you received, in which you also stand,  2 by which also you are saved, if you hold firmly the word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.  3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,  5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.  6 Then he appeared to over five hundred brothers at once, most of whom remain until now, but some have also fallen asleep.  7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,  8 and last of all, as to the child born at the wrong time, he appeared to me also. (emphasis added)9 For I am the least of the apostles, who is not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the assembly of God. 

20  But now Christ has been raised from the dead. He became the first fruits of those who are asleep.  21 For since death came by man, the resurrection of the dead also came by man.  22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. (emphasis added)  23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, then those who are Christ’s, at his coming.  24 Then the end comes, when he will deliver up the Kingdom to God, even the Father; when he will have abolished all rule and all authority and power.  25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.  26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death.  27 For, “He put all things in subjection under his feet.”


Revelation 20 (World English Bible)
 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him one thousand years.


And the reason is Jesus; who was raised from the dead and offers forgiveness of sins to all who obey him. I have obeyed the Gospel (Acts 2:38) and have tried to be faithful for many years.

I look forward to life beyond life. Why? Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!!

I sincerely hope that you can say the same!!!

Your Friend,

Gary