8/23/12

Aug. 23 Job 27-29


Aug. 23
Job 27-29

Job 27:1 Job again took up his parable, and said,
Job 27:2 "As God lives, who has taken away my right, the Almighty, who has made my soul bitter.
Job 27:3 (For the length of my life is still in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils);
Job 27:4 surely my lips shall not speak unrighteousness, neither shall my tongue utter deceit.
Job 27:5 Far be it from me that I should justify you. Until I die I will not put away my integrity from me.
Job 27:6 I hold fast to my righteousness, and will not let it go. My heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
Job 27:7 "Let my enemy be as the wicked. Let him who rises up against me be as the unrighteous.
Job 27:8 For what is the hope of the godless, when he is cut off, when God takes away his life?
Job 27:9 Will God hear his cry when trouble comes on him?
Job 27:10 Will he delight himself in the Almighty, and call on God at all times?
Job 27:11 I will teach you about the hand of God. That which is with the Almighty will I not conceal.
Job 27:12 Behold, all of you have seen it yourselves; why then have you become altogether vain?
Job 27:13 "This is the portion of a wicked man with God, the heritage of oppressors, which they receive from the Almighty.
Job 27:14 If his children are multiplied, it is for the sword. His offspring shall not be satisfied with bread.
Job 27:15 Those who remain of him shall be buried in death. His widows shall make no lamentation.
Job 27:16 Though he heap up silver as the dust, and prepare clothing as the clay;
Job 27:17 he may prepare it, but the just shall put it on, and the innocent shall divide the silver.
Job 27:18 He builds his house as the moth, as a booth which the watchman makes.
Job 27:19 He lies down rich, but he shall not do so again. He opens his eyes, and he is not.
Job 27:20 Terrors overtake him like waters. A storm steals him away in the night.
Job 27:21 The east wind carries him away, and he departs. It sweeps him out of his place.
Job 27:22 For it hurls at him, and does not spare, as he flees away from his hand.
Job 27:23 Men shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.
Job 28:1 "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place for gold which they refine.
Job 28:2 Iron is taken out of the earth, and copper is smelted out of the ore.
Job 28:3 Man sets an end to darkness, and searches out, to the furthest bound, the stones of obscurity and of thick darkness.
Job 28:4 He breaks open a shaft away from where people live. They are forgotten by the foot. They hang far from men, they swing back and forth.
Job 28:5 As for the earth, out of it comes bread; Underneath it is turned up as it were by fire.
Job 28:6 Sapphires come from its rocks. It has dust of gold.
Job 28:7 That path no bird of prey knows, neither has the falcon's eye seen it.
Job 28:8 The proud animals have not trodden it, nor has the fierce lion passed by there.
Job 28:9 He puts forth his hand on the flinty rock, and he overturns the mountains by the roots.
Job 28:10 He cuts out channels among the rocks. His eye sees every precious thing.
Job 28:11 He binds the streams that they don't trickle. The thing that is hidden he brings forth to light.
Job 28:12 "But where shall wisdom be found? Where is the place of understanding?
Job 28:13 Man doesn't know its price; Neither is it found in the land of the living.
Job 28:14 The deep says, 'It isn't in me.' The sea says, 'It isn't with me.'
Job 28:15 It can't be gotten for gold, neither shall silver be weighed for its price.
Job 28:16 It can't be valued with the gold of Ophir, with the precious onyx, or the sapphire.
Job 28:17 Gold and glass can't equal it, neither shall it be exchanged for jewels of fine gold.
Job 28:18 No mention shall be made of coral or of crystal. Yes, the price of wisdom is above rubies.
Job 28:19 The topaz of Ethiopia shall not equal it, Neither shall it be valued with pure gold.
Job 28:20 Whence then comes wisdom? Where is the place of understanding?
Job 28:21 Seeing it is hidden from the eyes of all living, and kept close from the birds of the sky.
Job 28:22 Destruction and Death say, 'We have heard a rumor of it with our ears.'
Job 28:23 "God understands its way, and he knows its place.
Job 28:24 For he looks to the ends of the earth, and sees under the whole sky.
Job 28:25 He establishes the force of the wind. Yes, he measures out the waters by measure.
Job 28:26 When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder;
Job 28:27 then he saw it, and declared it. He established it, yes, and searched it out.
Job 28:28 To man he said, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom. To depart from evil is understanding.' "
Job 29:1 Job again took up his parable, and said,
Job 29:2 "Oh that I were as in the months of old, as in the days when God watched over me;
Job 29:3 when his lamp shone on my head, and by his light I walked through darkness,
Job 29:4 as I was in the ripeness of my days, when the friendship of God was in my tent,
Job 29:5 when the Almighty was yet with me, and my children were around me,
Job 29:6 when my steps were washed with butter, and the rock poured out streams of oil for me,
Job 29:7 when I went forth to the city gate, when I prepared my seat in the street.
Job 29:8 The young men saw me and hid themselves. The aged rose up and stood.
Job 29:9 The princes refrained from talking, and laid their hand on their mouth.
Job 29:10 The voice of the nobles was hushed, and their tongue stuck to the roof of their mouth.
Job 29:11 For when the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it commended me:
Job 29:12 Because I delivered the poor who cried, and the fatherless also, who had none to help him,
Job 29:13 the blessing of him who was ready to perish came on me, and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
Job 29:14 I put on righteousness, and it clothed me. My justice was as a robe and a diadem.
Job 29:15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet to the lame.
Job 29:16 I was a father to the needy. The cause of him who I didn't know, I searched out.
Job 29:17 I broke the jaws of the unrighteous, and plucked the prey out of his teeth.
Job 29:18 Then I said, 'I shall die in my own house, I shall number my days as the sand.
Job 29:19 My root is spread out to the waters. The dew lies all night on my branch.
Job 29:20 My glory is fresh in me. My bow is renewed in my hand.'
Job 29:21 "Men listened to me, waited, and kept silence for my counsel.
Job 29:22 After my words they didn't speak again. My speech fell on them.
Job 29:23 They waited for me as for the rain. Their mouths drank as with the spring rain.
Job 29:24 I smiled on them when they had no confidence. They didn't reject the light of my face.
Job 29:25 I chose out their way, and sat as chief. I lived as a king in the army, as one who comforts the mourners.