9/9/12

A simple choice and a hard choice.



I wish I could remember the name of the game show this came from, but I can't.  If anyone out there knows, just comment on the picture, in the place provided on the blog.  Thanks!  Anyway, this picture is a little confusing to me.  Its not the answer, but the selection of "D".  In four seemingly identical answers; why "D"?  perhaps its just because most people choose it, but there may be another reason... I wish I knew!!!  Sometimes we simply do not know the "why" of things; we just have to take them at face value.  So, my next step was to find the following passage of Scripture...

John, Chapter 15
 12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.  13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.  14 You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you.  15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant doesn’t know what his lord does. But I have called you friends, for everything that I heard from my Father, I have made known to you.  16 You didn’t choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatever you will ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you.   17 “I command these things to you, that you may love one another. 

Why did Jesus choose the disciples?  I have no idea; it just doesn't make sense, because these were unlearned, flawed human beings.  For that matter, so are we, but God loves us anyway and those who choose to obey the Gospel are chosen by Him to be loved and to love.  Frankly, I can think of no higher calling; no greater honor, no greater blessing!!!  God was us to love him and our brethren.  The choice is simple and straightforward; either we will or won't.  Unlike the picture, the choice will not only affect this life, but the next as well!!!  Choose wisely; your life depends upon it!!!!!