9/9/12

Sept. 9 Psalms 52-54


Sept. 9
Psalms 52-54
 

Psa 52:1 Why do you boast of mischief, mighty man? God's loving kindness endures continually.
Psa 52:2 Your tongue plots destruction, like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
Psa 52:3 You love evil more than good, lying rather than speaking the truth. Selah.
Psa 52:4 You love all devouring words, you deceitful tongue.
Psa 52:5 God will likewise destroy you forever. He will take you up, and pluck you out of your tent, and root you out of the land of the living. Selah.
Psa 52:6 The righteous also will see it, and fear, and laugh at him, saying,
Psa 52:7 "Behold, this is the man who didn't make God his strength, but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness."
Psa 52:8 But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in God's house. I trust in God's loving kindness forever and ever.
Psa 52:9 I will give you thanks forever, because you have done it. I will hope in your name, for it is good, in the presence of your saints.

 
Psa 53:1 The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity. There is no one who does good.
Psa 53:2 God looks down from heaven on the children of men, to see if there are any who understood, who seek after God.
Psa 53:3 Every one of them has gone back. They have become filthy together. There is no one who does good, no, not one.
Psa 53:4 Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge, who eat up my people as they eat bread, and don't call on God?
Psa 53:5 There they were in great fear, where no fear was, for God has scattered the bones of him who encamps against you. You have put them to shame, because God has rejected them.
Psa 53:6 Oh that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When God brings back his people from captivity, then Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
 

Psa 54:1 Save me, God, by your name. Vindicate me in your might.
Psa 54:2 Hear my prayer, God. Listen to the words of my mouth.
Psa 54:3 For strangers have risen up against me. Violent men have sought after my soul. They haven't set God before them. Selah.
Psa 54:4 Behold, God is my helper. The Lord is the one who sustains my soul.
Psa 54:5 He will repay the evil to my enemies. Destroy them in your truth.
Psa 54:6 With a free will offering, I will sacrifice to you. I will give thanks to your name, Yahweh, for it is good.
Psa 54:7 For he has delivered me out of all trouble. My eye has seen triumph over my enemies.