1/21/15

From Gary... Maybe someday I'll do just one...


Coffee, one of the most wonderful things in the world. It may or may not be good for you (I keep hearing conflicting "authorities"), but I have learned to keep it down to three (20 oz.) cups a day.  Last Tuesday, we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and browsed their shop and found probably the biggest coffee cup (besides the one above) ever. Every one of them was the size of a oil can and had markings from various oil companies like Texaco and Penns-oil.   I didn't purchase one, because the price was a little too dear, but, hey, I just will have to deal with my 60oz. of coffee.  After seeing a video this morning about the new K-cup brewers with their DRM (Digital Rights Management) restrictions, I am very thankful for what I have and am content. Reminds me of Paul...
 
Philippians, Chapter 4
 10 But I rejoice in the Lord greatly, that now at length you have revived your thought for me; in which you did indeed take thought, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in respect to lack, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content in it.  12 I know how to be humbled, and I know also how to abound. In everything and in all things I have learned the secret both to be filled and to be hungry, both to abound and to be in need.  13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Be thankful for what you have, things could always be worse. But, even if they do become more challenging, friends will help; and the best friend is GOD!!!